Courage For The Camera is a 30-day group program designed to help entrepreneurs overcome their fears of being on-camera and the obstacles in their way from using video to market and brand their business.
Does this sound familiar:
- You often thought of using online video for your business but haven’t got a clue on how or where to start…
- You find yourself often too nervous, anxious or shy when it comes to being on camera…
- You’re afraid of looking foolish, uncomfortable and not-so-confident in your videos…
- You’re worried that your videos won’t capture the REAL you…
- You think your videos will turn-off your audience because they’ll look unprofessional…
- You know know that video is right for your business but haven’t implemented a strategy yet…
- Your self-limiting beliefs of what you think you can or can’t do are stopping you from uncovering your true potential…
- You’ve already tried filming yourself on camera several times and didn’t like what you saw…
- You’re overwhelmed with the countless tutorials on YouTube that you’ve given up learning how to create videos…
I had been wanting to do video, but kept putting of the “starting” so this was the accountability I needed to get going! When I first joined the video challenge, I was trying to start out in video in a way that was personal and professional. Within 30 days I went from never having made a blog/video before to feeling comfortable with making a script, organizing my content, and filming and editing a video within a few hours. I got over my video hesitation and it is not perfect yet, but is a work in progress I am happy with!– Beth Ihle, Life-Party Activator
After this 30 day video program, you will:
- Have the courage and confidence to be in front of the camera
- Have the knowledge and technical know-how of how to create your own videos
- Leave with a solid number of videos you can use to market and brand your business
- Feel great knowing that the REAL you shows up on-camera
- No longer procrastinate, feel stuck, and feel overwhelmed with video
- Have the tools you need to continue making videos on your own
Think of this program as a place where you can practice being on-camera in privacy so your audience won’t have to see your initial mistakes.
It will be your own safe place to get your feet wet, explore, make discoveries, fall down, get back up, and transform.
:For 30 days, you’re goal is to be working on a video everyday (you don’t need to film a video a day, but you’ll be challenged to do something: you can work on your outline, create your video set-up, etc.)
: You’ll take part in an experiential learning environment – you’ll learn by doing. And as your coach, I’ll give you feedback and support with your on-camera presence, your video content and your produced work.
: There will be 4 live group calls, once a week, via video – I’ll be there answering your questions, helping you with your video conundrums. If you can’t make it live, the calls will be recorded and you can submit questions via email where I can answer them during the call.
: You’ll have plenty of ideas on video content – there will be one main theme each week with at least 10 topics to choose from (or be inspired by). Each topic will be geared to engage and excite your audience.
: We’ll have a private Facebook group for support, feedback, and making connections. This group will be a safe and supportive place where participants can share their thoughts and obstacles, celebrate breakthroughs, share ideas, and most importantly, have fun!
: You’ll have access to a Video Library of resources and video tutorials to help you get started with video.
: You’ll have a safe and supportive environment to practice being on-camera, polish your technical skills, and get feedback on your video marketing ideas.
February 11, 2013 – March 12, 2013
* Last day to sign-up is Friday February 15, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
This program is for you if you:
- Have fears of being in front of the camera that are preventing you from sharing your story/being in the spotlight.
- Have little or no knowledge and technical skills regarding video production.
- Are frustrated with your previous attempts at creating online videos, which don’t turn out very well.
- See the value in using online video to market your business but you are holding back because putting yourself in the spotlight scares you.
- Know it’s not enough to go through this on your own without any support from other people.
- Want to be held accountable so you can finally start creating your videos.
- Want a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Have a passionate desire to make a big impact on the world by spreading your story and your “big why”.
- Are ready and willing to absorb and implement what you learn.
This program may not be a good fit for you if:
- You’re not open to stepping out of your comfort zone and completing the exercises/homework each week.
- You tend to judge or criticize the work of others as well as yourself.
- You are already quite comfortable in front of the camera and are moving along in progress.
- You already have the experience and skills of editing your own videos
- You’re not willing to put in the time, energy and effort for the duration of the program.
- You get defensive about constructive feedback.
- You’re not willing to do the “inner work” and “outer work” necessary to move ahead.
- You have a tendency to be negative, dramatic or blame outside circumstances for your results.
– Chana Gilman, CEO of 13Paradigms.com
I created Courage For The Camera to help you shift from your struggles, fears and self-limiting beliefs to having more courage and confidence of being in-front of and behind the camera; providing you with the right foundation you need to create powerful, personal videos.
No longer feeling scared, intimidated and shy to be in front of the camera…
Finally finding your ideal clients – clients who are happy to pay you for what you’re worth and who are a pleasure to work with…
No longer feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and frustrated when you create videos, but feeling more confident and proud of the videos you produced, and feeling great knowing that you’re able to connect at a deeper level with your audience…
Creating videos that captivate your viewers AND moves them to take action…
Having a fuss-free way of producing videos to grow your audience and your business…
Filming myself on camera was the one thing on my to-do list for my site – which was constantly pushed down again and again due to my self-limiting beliefs and lack of self-accountability. With the support of Bianca and my fellow peers, I took a leap of faith and filmed my first video, and then everything started to unfold. The feedback and support provided to me has been amazing – and I walked away with confidence of filming my own videos, which is just mind-blowing and invaluable! If you’re struggling with filming or want to improve your videos – I highly recommend joining Bianca!– Jia Ni, Coach & Creator of Happy Healthy Abundant
I’m extremely nervous about joining the program as I’m quite shy and not very tech-savvy. Will I be able to make a breakthrough with video in just 30 days?
All of my lessons and coaching are made for the extremely shy people and for those with limited (or no) experience with online video. You’re not required to film a video every single day – I know that we all have different schedules and circumstances to work with. However, this group program will challenge you to at least work on a video everyday. Every step you take – no matter how big or small – can move you forward with your videos.
Past participants of Courage For The Camera have discovered that all you really do need is to take that first big step and that momentum will happen after that.
Will the video lessons for editing only involve iMovie? I have a PC.
I primarily work with a Mac, so unfortunately, I won’t be able to have any tutorials using Windows Movie Maker or any other Windows program. However, you can still benefit from the program as it will also teach how to use YouTube Video Editor, which can be accessed by anyone online. The program also doesn’t focus on video editing alone – my main mission is to get you to feel great in front of the camera and create simple, yet effective videos.
What if I have a conflict or can’t participate in the scheduled group calls?
No worries. A recording will be available for all the group video calls so you can watch them later. You will also be able to submit a question to ask in case you can’t make it live.
I’m a bit hesitant and uncomfortable posting on the private Facebook group. Do I need to participate in this group?
I completely understand where you’re coming from – you’ll be sharing videos and communications with other people you don’t really know. However, I think that the benefits outweigh your concerns. This private Facebook group will only accept those who officially register for the program and I’m here to make sure that it’s a safe and supportive community for everyone to be able to grow and express themselves. I had great success moderating the private group for the previous Courage For The Camera video challenge, so I can assure you that the community for this program will be just as positive and encouraging :)
February 11, 2013 – March 12, 2013
* Last day to sign-up is Friday February 15, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
This challenge was an ideal way to push myself on video and get out there bigger. The most surprising element was the great community around the challenge and how supportive everyone was when posting videos and sharing tips and strategy. Bianca was a wealth of information and support and I found her videos both helpful and entertaining!If you’re ready to get started with video or uplevel what you’re already putting out there then you need to reach out to Bianca and take part of her video challenge or coaching programs so you can be more comfortable in front of the camera, reach your audience and grow your business with the help of video.– Kelly Azevedo, Founder of She’s Got Systems
Before I joined the challenge and the Facebook group, I was bewildered as to why I wasn’t taking action, creating tons of video, putting myself out there in a bigger way. Her support and the support of the group helped me to gently explore all the blocks I had created around putting myself out there, physical insecurity and perfectionism being the primary ones! In addition, Bianca’s technical know-how, and the totally easy way she explains it, was amazingly helpful. I could actually take action immediately on all her suggestions. She has incredible skill and compassion, and there is no way you can take her course and not see amazing results!– Lily Starling, Certified Massage Therapist + Marketing Mentor | FillYourMassagePractice.com
I have been wanting to do videos since November 2010. I even picked out a great space full of natural light and a view of the main street. However, when it came to finding the equipment, I was frozen with fear. I always found excuses that blocked me from ever doing one video there. This past summer, I took part in Bianca’s Courage for the Camera challenge. You could practically see the fear in my first few videos – my need to “hide” myself and to keep up that protective fear that kept screaming, “They’re going to judge you!” However, with practice and encouragement, I soon became more comfortable and not so shy or timid. If you see my video my website, you will see a video that took me 3 tries (instead of 30) and that is me, unscripted, and focused on serving my clients rather than my own self-consciousness.– Janet Johnson, creator of the Focused Business Plan System™